Is Microblading for me ?
Microblading is amazing for creating brows that look completely natural, filling in gaps, giving a perfect shape and taking all the hard work out of having to do your brows every day.
However, Microblading isn't for everyone. There are certain skin conditions that can affect the longevity of the pigment. If you have what you may consider to be problematic skin or suffer from any skin conditions, such as Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea, excessively oily skin, scarring, or any bacterial infections, please contact me for advice and to arrange a consultation.
Treatments cannot be performed on persons under 18 yrs, if you are Pregnant or Breastfeeding. If you have Glaucoma, uncontrolled high blood pressure, Diabetes Mellitus, if you have received an organ transplant, undergoing Chemotherapy, had a Pacemaker fitted, Epilepsy, Microblading cannot be completed. If you have a condition that is not listed here please contact me to discuss further.
How long does Microblading last?
Microblading can last up to 2 years depending on how well your skin retains the pigment. After your first session you will require a top up, at approx 6-8 weeks. After this, it is recommended that you have annual refresh to maintain the shape and colour of your brows.
Before your appointment
You will be required to fill in an online consent form.
It is important to note that treatment cannot be performed if :
* You have had Botox or Fillers on the forehead, temple or eye area with in 4 weeks of appointment
* If you use local retinoid products, these must be avoided for 3 days prior to appointment
* Tanning or intense sun exposure eg. sunbeds, must be avoided for 3 days prior to treatment
* No waxing in the proximity of the area to be treated for 2-3 days before your appointment
* Do not take blood thinners such as Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Ibuprofen, Fish Oils, 48 hours before treatment
* Do not drink Alcohol, coffee or energy drinks 24 before appointment
At your appointment
You will be sent a booking confirmation email once your appointment is confirmed and your deposit is paid. This will contain important information about your upcoming treatment. Please ensure you read thoroughly. Please allow up to 3 hours for your appointment. It is important that you arrive on time.
If you require a consultation to discuss a skin condition or suitability for Microblading, the appointment will be max 20 mins long. Please add your reason for requesting a consultation in the comments box of the booking form.
Full instructions of aftercare will be given to you at your appointment along with aftercare balm.
It is important to note:
* All creams must be avoided for the first 7 days (excluding aftercare balm)
* Avoid applying make up to the area for 7 days
* Avoid workouts that cause excessive sweating- this also includes Sauna and Steam rooms - 7 Days
* Do not use sunbeds, light therapy, fruit acids, microdermabrasion or any creams that contain regeneration factors for the following 30 days after treatment.
* Always avoid laser therapy over the treated area as this will destroy the pigments
* Use of antibiotics and hormone therapy can lead to faster fading of pigments
* Always use SPF in the sun - excluding the first 7 days following treatment
Bookings must be made online, unless adhoc appointments are put out via the social channels. A non refundable deposit will be required for all bookings. Should you need to cancel your appointment, please do so no later than 48 hours before your confirmed date and time. If you cancel within the 48 hour window the cost of the full treatment will be payable.
Health and Safety
The Face 19 space, although within a home setting, is a separate and sterile studio. All of the blades used, are single use and are discarded safely after each client. Other tools are disinfected and sterilised after each client. The room is disinfected after every appointment. To support the cleanliness of the space, unfortunately I cannot accommodate guests during your treatment or consultation. Please attend your booking alone.
Please do not attend your appointment if you are unwell, contact me to reschedule.